Monday, April 10, 2006

First Day After Spring Break

I felt like I was in a trance from the time I woke up until about first block. I felt that my system got used to the long uninterrupted sleep and stress free existence. Whew! Back to reality. I was wanting to go back and have some fifteen minutes more of snooze time but I finally got over it and just proceeded to take my shower. I got to work not so early but there was nobody in the school's parking lot. I had to check my time just to make sure that I wasn't too early. Geez, nobody seems to want to go to school today. I immediately set up my projector and computer for my lecture today. I looked into my lesson plan and found out that some of the copies I prepared were left at home. If this happened a week ago, I would have panicked. Not today, I vowed to myself that I will not let anything bother me. I just knew I prepared and will do my best to deliver my lessons my way. Got a bit of sore-throat for talking too much though but it was worth it. I knew that those who were paying attention got something from today's lesson. My students were grossed out with the digestive system and digestive disorders but I have to do a bit of a review for their quiz tomorrow. Some paid attention, others probably not but I was not at all affected. Gosh, this is what breaks can do. My tolerance level was really good. I was just laughing most of the time. I was a different teacher today, less stressed and less frazzled. I hope I can maintain this mood the rest of the week and through the rest of the semester. I still have 30 more teaching days to go.

No comments: