Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring Break


I love Spring Break. This is the time of year where I can really be silent and alone. This is the time to get back on track, be grounded and try to put some order in my chaotic existence. Reading Jim Paredes's blog "Haring Liwanag" made me think of going back and searching about Zen. I have started studying it back in College but I lost track when I got here in the US. Little did I know that this is where the practice of Zen is really needed. It was hard in the beginning since I don't know the language of Zen and never practiced meditation. The idea of bringing balance and order to my life seemed to be another goal that's out of reach yet there is that yearning to live the best life I can potentially have, to live joyously and improve my outlook on everything. I'm up for this daunting challenge to myself although I don't know if I will ever learn and master this way of life. Right now, I'm still in a mess, got up this morning with little ambition. My desk reeks of unfinished business, skipped on my daily walking and feasted on potato chips. Clearing my mind and spirit is inevitable. Along with the traditional spring cleaning should be self-cleaning, mind and spirit. In a few days, I will be back in the frenzy of everyday busy-ness. For now, I will just enjoy what little is left of my spring break and bask in this chaotic existence. Hopefully, I will be able to emerge from this hiatus fully energized and restored.

No comments: