Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Day in D.C.




David and I went to D.C. to have my passport ammended and renewed. Since it was Monday, I got to attend the flag ceremony. Wow! It was an emotional moment for me to be able to do it again after four years. By the way, passport processing in D.C. was just one day since we were from out of state. Normally, passports are released the following day. It was a great experience. I was telling my husband that it has been my dream to have a picture at the foot of Abe Lincoln at the Lincoln Memorial. It might sound corny but I was still in the Philippines when I saw the movie Planet of the Apes, and in that movie, Mr. Lincoln became a monkey. I thought I want to have a picture there before anything happens. I need to go back and explore the place some more. Here are some of the pictures and the link to the Philippine Embassy: http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/

9 comments:

Teacher Sol said...

Next time tawag ka naman *wink. Lapit lang kami dyan sa mga pinuntahan nyo, dyan ako nagdya-jogging everyday. Nice pics!

Manang said...

kelangan ko rin mag-renew ng passport ko!

Maria said...

Teacher Sol,

I'll definitely call you next time. Thanks sa pagdalaw.

Maria said...

Manang,

Di ako makapasok sa website mo mula pa kahapon. itry ko ulit. Ang dali lang dito mag-renew and magpa-ammend. I downloaded and filled up all the forms from their website so pagdating ko don, sinubmit ko na lang. Yung picture na ginamit ko. Sa walgreens lang ako nagpakuha. Okay naman. Goodluck to your review.

Maria said...

Manang,

Here's the link to the Philippine embassy: http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/

bing said...

hi, first time to visit your site. and you looked like a friend in college. but definitely, you are not her, because she has a different name - Anna Rossini.

Maria said...

Hi Bing,

Thanks for dropping by. I have to laugh about your comment, common siguro ang hitsura ko kasi lagi akong napagkakamalian. Okay naman dahil, most of these people ends up to be my friend. Glad to see u here and hope to work with you more sa PTN.

Manang said...

ms_v, Thanks sa link ha. I am now filling out application form and other forms. Will mail in my papers by Monday.

Anonymous said...

Nagsubmit ako by mail ng passport renewal nun sept 27. Hanggang ngayon, ala pa...tawagan ko kaya?
BTW, I made a new kusina (better access daw), http://kusinanimanang.blogspot.com