Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Corned Beef


Last Christmas, My mother-in-law prepared English Boiled Dinner for our Main Dish. She used Corned beef brisket. It was pretty much like our "nilagang baka" (A Philippine Dish). It was served in big chunks after being boiled in a crock pot for close to 3 hours. She added potatoes, the seasoning that came with the packet, carrots and cabbage. We were able to take home some of the leftovers and I made it into sauteed corned beef. I recycled it and it yielded good results. I flaked the big chunk using a fork and sauteed with garlic and onions. This is so much better than the canned ones. I ate it for breakfast with egg and sinangag. It reminded me of "cornsilog".

3 comments:

ihatecofi said...

Hi Ms. V,

Wishing you a Prosperous New Year this 2006! God bless!

Macky
http://iluv.designlabproject.com

Teacher Sol said...

Ms V, naglalaway naman ako sa description mo at sa picture...parang gusto ko ng Pinoy almusal ah...

Maria said...

teacher sol,

hayaan mo teacher sol, pag nagpunta ako diyan sa DC dadalhan kita ng mga niluluto ko.