Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Learning Mac

I am now using the new apple laptop computer that the school district issued to us. It is like learning to drive with a stick shift. It is basically similar to PC but I have to learn the different menus, icons and commands. This project of the Cobb County School District is a very remarkable one. I believe that this will make a difference in the way I present my lessons. The Ilife software is so awesome. I really feel so techy. Whew, with all the training that I am going into, i might shift my directions into Instructional Technology. Technology used to frighten me and give me a feeling of insecurity. I thought that it is only reserved for certain people who are really good at it. Well, as I was able to accomplish one task after another using my computer, I develop more confidence. This laptop is also one of the reasons why I am blogging. During the laptop training, Mr. Alan November, the guest speaker, introduced the idea of using blogs in the classroom. As a teacher, I will be able to post assignments, sites and announcements on my blog where students can access it. The possibilities are endless. It just blows my mind.

No comments: